Excerpt: Aliens, Big Data and a Bangladeshi “search addict”. What can be a common factor between the three? The storage and analytics solutions provider EMC, at a Big Data event in Singapore on Tuesday (2 October), revealed a very interesting story to show how the Big Data revolution is connecting people all over the planet based on their interest.
- We Shouldn’t Give Up on SETI (spectrum.ieee.org)
- SETI Astronomer Jill Tarter Recalls ‘Contact,’ 15 Years On (universetoday.com)
- SETI’s ‘L Factor’: Will E.T. Actually Be Around Long Enough To Phone Home? (forbes.com)
- SETI’s alien search to get cash from new start-up (cbsnews.com)
- How SETI’s Hunt for Aliens Is Speeding Up (bigthink.com)
- A new way to fund space exploration, from 2009 TED Prize winner Jill Tarter (ted.com)
- Why Do People Believe in UFOs? | SETI & Aliens (illuminutti.com)
- SETI Institute: Celebrating 25 Years of the Search (prweb.com)
Curated by Shankar Gopidas, Sam Kumarsamy and Louie Yan, the Tap the 90 blog delivers information on the business, technology and science of big data analytics. Check us out on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!