Data for the Masses
Excerpt: Big data analytics should be used for more than just financial gain; the power of data combined with good design can be used to convey complex information to the masses, says Jer Thorp, data artist in residence at The New York Times….Thorp helped create a system that allows staff at the Times to map the spread of the publication’s articles on social networks.
- Friday Talk: Jer Thorp: the Weight of Data (stateofsearch.com)
- The Weight of Data – Jer Thorp Shares How to Make Histories in this Digital Art Keynote (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- 2 August 2012: Silicon Republic (tapthe90.com)
- 30 August 2012: AOL Government (tapthe90.com)
- 23 August 2012: Forbes (tapthe90.com)
Curated by Shankar Gopidas, Sam Kumarsamy and Louie Yan, the Tap the 90 blog delivers information on the business, technology and science of big data analytics. Check us out on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!