Big Utility Calls for Big Data Collaboration on Smart Grid
Excerpt: Collaboration between utilities and third party software developers will be crucial in the implementation of the smart grid, bringing innovation to large energy suppliers and reliable customers for data firms. Large utility companies need to embrace “big data analytics” to better understand the “health of our assets,” Karen Austin, the senior [vice] president and chief information officer at Pacific Gas and Electric, said.
- 15 August 2012: GreenTechGrid (tapthe90.com)
- The Soft Grid: 10 Trends to Watch (greentechmedia.com)
- Karen Austin pushes PG&E further into the digital age (mercurynews.com)
- AOL Users Eat Lots of Electricity: DNews Nuggets (news.discovery.com)
- The Smart Grid – Shifting Paradigms for Consumers (theenergycollective.com)
- California Utilities Exceed Renewable Power Goals (switchboard.nrdc.org)
Curated by Shankar Gopidas, Sam Kumarsamy and Louie Yan, the Tap the 90 blog delivers information on the business, technology and science of big data analytics. Check us out on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!