Excerpt: Big Data, a mega-trend that is showing no signs of slowing down, now has its own dedicated venture fund. “Data Collective” launches today, and is head up by storied investors, Zachary Bogue and Matt Ocko. The fund’s cofounders plan to invest in about 40 early stage and seed startups in the IT infrastructure, Big Data, and analytics space, which they see as a several hundred billion dollar market opportunity. I caught up with them on the eve of the announcement to chat about the hype surrounding Big Data, their decision to go rogue with a new fund.
- Startups Find Fertile Ground By Crunching ‘Big Data’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Funding Daily: VC helping hands lead to startup happy feet (venturebeat.com)
- Pension Giant CalPERS Appears Ready To Abandon Most VCs (pehub.com)
- Accel Partners beefs up big data investment team (gigaom.com)
- Money, money, money… (infosecurity-magazine.com)
- Big Data App Start-up Incubator Signals Role-Reversal for SAP (devopsangle.com)
Curated by Shankar Gopidas, Sam Kumarsamy and Louie Yan, the Tap the 90 blog delivers information on the business, technology and science of big data analytics. Check us out on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!