Data, Data Everywhere — But Where’s the Marketing Performance?
Excerpt: A recent study by the Columbia Business School and NYAMA found that 91% of senior corporate marketers believe that successful brands use customer data to drive marketing decisions, improve marketing performance and increase customer acquisition….CMOs believe data can enable smart marketing decisions, but many companies only end up with big data headaches. Another survey, by 33Across, found that 70% of U.S. brand marketers and agencies are concerned with making sense of all the data. In fact, it can actually get in the way of improving performance when viewed in the wrong context.
- 33Across Survey: “Big Data” undefined for big companies (signal.federatedmedia.net)
- Dear Marketers: You Need a Data Scientist (mashable.com)
- Are You a ‘Data Driven’ Company? (marketingpilgrim.com)
- Top Three Reasons Social Media Needs Real-Time Analytics (blogs.sap.com)
- How Brands Can Use ‘Big Data’ to Improve Their Marketing (adrants.com)
The Tap the 90 blog delivers information on the business, technology and science of big data analytics, curated by Shankar Gopidas, Sam Kumarsamy and Louie Yan. Check us out on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!